This thick and creamy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie recipe is loaded with creamy peanut butter, rolled oats, chia seed, bananas, and almond milk. It's sure to keep you full and satisfied all morning! Perfect for busy mornings, work commutes, post-workout fueling, or mid-day snacks. Smoothies that are healthy and taste good are the best! And the ones that require a spoon instead of a straw are even better. Even though it's loaded with protein and healthy nutrients, it tastes like dessert in a glass!
This homemade smoothie recipe makes just enough for one serving. It is the perfect portion size for a snack, breakfast, or midday meal. But you can easily double it if you are making it for two. Yes, having some delicious smoothies can put you in a better mood. The healthy fats in smoothies can give you a natural energy boost and regulate your blood sugar, so your energy levels don't plummet later. The antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties of monounsaturated fats can also help reduce oxidative damage to the brain, which can improve cognitive functions.
With only a few simple ingredients this smoothie comes quickly together. It can be made in under 5 minutes! Perfect for hectic mornings when you are running out the door.
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats: rolled oats and old-fashioned oats work best in the smoothie. I would not suggest using steel-cut oats in this recipe, as they'll result in a gritty smoothie.
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter: you can use the natural nuts butter in place of the peanut butter if you prefer to cut down on the sugar. Almond or cashew nut butter would both be delicious.
- 1 whole banana: Using frozen bananas in this recipe keeps the smoothies extra thick, and its the perfect excuse to use up all the over ripped bananas on your counter or in your freezer
- 1/2 cup of soy milk: almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular milk can be substituted.
- 1/2 teaspoon of chia seed: adds a nutty layer of flavor. It is more subtle than mild you might not even notice the chia seeds in your smoothie.
How to make it
To make the smoothie, simply add all the ingredients to a blender, blend for 30 seconds until the smoothie is creamy and lump-free (or until smooth), and stir. Blend again for another 30 seconds to 60 seconds after stirring to ensure there are no chunks. Pour into a glass (or a bowl), and garnish with banana slices, chia seed, peanut butter drizzle, and oats if desired. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to eat. You can also double or triple the recipe to have extras on hand for the week.
Storage and freezing instructions
This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple of hours if needed. You can also freeze this prepared smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container. Just re-blend it before enjoying it later.
Feel free to check these links if you would love to know more about a healthy lifestyle and healthy breakfast options on our page. Remember that the choices are yours to follow the healthy way of living.