It is important to be mindful of what to eat in our daily life. Practicing a healthy habit of eating the right food may indeed be challenging but what excites us more is by adding some flavorful spices and natural ingredients into our cooking. One of the best dishes would be Biryani which is a South Indian Cuisine that has combine finely blended ingredients with anti-inflammatory, which helps with digestion and promotes body detoxification. The fragrance and flavors in the Biryani can boost or light up any gloomy person's mood.
Biryani is a mix of spices, boiled egg, tender meat, and rice combination. This can be a very suitable meal for those who love spicy food. You may also make it spicier as how you like to have it. This dish is whipped up with spices and cooked over a wood fire. It is also known as a special weekend meal made on Sunday afternoons for lunch while having the best time with our loved ones.
The popularity of biryani has increased due to its healthy way of preparation and the serving of a huge portion. You could never believe how tender the meat is while you watch it falls off from its bone itself. Raisins and nuts are a must in Indians dishes to level up the all-in flavors in a healthy way. Here let me share with you a fantastic chicken biryani recipes which you can try at home to serve your loved ones.
Method of Cooking
- Firstly, heat cooking oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute. Then, add sliced onion to it and saute/stir till it is caramelized.
- Now, add chicken into it with slit green chilies, turmeric, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, and red chili powder. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add plain yogurt to it.
- Next, turn the flame to medium and add garam masala in it along with pounded ginger, coriander, mixed herbs, and mint leaves. Cook till the chicken is tender.
- Then, add in the rinsed basmati rice and spread it evenly. Add water accordingly and pour the melted ghee all over it. Cook for at least 15-20 minutes with a closed lid.
- Finally, garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves. Not to forget the nuts and raisins goes in as well for the hit of all-in flavors.
And here's the most delicious mouth-watering chicken biryani to be served for our dearest. Happy cooking.